Disclaimer: The existence of the Rogue's Guild is not common knowledge, and we ask members and players within the community to respect that.
- 1 Recruitment
- 2 Rules
- 3 Membership
- 4 Rumored Affiliates
- 5 Guild Associated NPCs
- 6 Past Members of the Assassin's / Rogue's Guild
- 7 Past Director & Board Members of the Assassin's Guild
- There are no specific class or race restrictions, as it is common and even encouraged to play the 'two-sided coin' role. However, your character must possess a skill or ability relevant to the description of a 'Rogue' or at least one of the four divisions.
- If you are interested in the Guild, make yourself known to the Guild through appropriate roleplay. You may send the RP or wiki link by h-mail, so that you may receive a more focused notice and speedier offer of membership.
- The Guild will come to you to offer membership once you've made yourself known in some way. Show us why we would want you as a part of the Guild; we'll take care of the rest.
- A test is required for entry to the Guild and will vary depending on your character's skills and areas of expertise. This can consist of hours worth the work or smaller tasks until a decision is made. If you are required to duel a member of the Guild, you don't have to win to gain entry. We are merely appraising your abilities and getting a feel for your character.
- There is no entry fee to join the Guild.
- NO godmoding/forced roleplay is tolerated. A warning will be issued, but the repeated offense will result in termination from the Guild.
- It is typically required to contact any persons, OOC, associated with the story to gain necessary permission or give information if they are a target or involved.
- If you agree to become a member, there is an automatic agreement to the consequences of discord.
- Players are limited to one alt in the Guild; you are free to change which alt is in the Guild via roleplay.
The Rogue's Code
You are expected to defend other members to the best of your abilities but are not obligated to should it compromise your mission or life. We do not desire to lose more members than is necessary, and we would like to keep all members alive and well if it is possible.
Client confidentiality is of the utmost importance. Accepting gold from another source for information/counter-contract on a client is equal to guild betrayal and will be dealt with accordingly. Clients must know that members of the Guild can be trusted to carry out the contract and should not have to fear retaliation because the target has a larger purse. As it stands, should one member possess a Contract to kill the client of another member, implicated members must come to the Guild Leader, Deputy, and/or Division Leader before carrying out any orders.
Secrecy. We are members of the Guild of shadows; we should reflect the aspects of that element in everything we do. The Guild's existence is kept hidden as well, but rumors of our escapades are encouraged to coax clients to us. Our headquarters must never be disclosed to non-members, under any circumstances. This is a form of betrayal and will be dealt with accordingly.
Upon successfully becoming a member of the Rogue's Guild, the character will comply with the following:
- A meeting with leaders to decide on a division and acquire a full understanding of duty.
- A code name to conceal their real name. (This can be discussed and agreed upon together OOC or developed in-character)
- A shadow-laced disguise, hiding within a plain disclike medallion.
- Gold, Credits, or Items may be rewarded pending the outcome and story of a task. But we encourage the role play.
- Known betrayal will result in punishment up to, and including, the exile from the Guild and blacklisted from affiliate organizations.
- Extreme betrayal as decided by a vote of Guild peers may result in the execution of life.
The Rogue's Guild consists of four main divisions, and each is assigned a Division Leader. The purpose of this is not a separation of the people, but more commonly, work together in teams with appropriate members of each group to complete the job or task. If you feel that your character does not fit into one of these groups, feel free to contact the division leader or officers of the Guild with any questions or to discuss possibilities on how you can be involved.
Guild Leader: "Fox" (Eleanor)
Crows are known as fearless. Along with their excellent memory and their ability to use tools, they are masters at stealing food and trinkets and move their treasures from place to place, precisely remembering where they hid them. In addition to this, they rarely forget a face.
Sneaks in the dark. Cheats and sharks. If Stork is the brain, Shrike is the hand, and Kingfisher the eyes, then Crows are the heart of the Rogue's Guild. If there is an item to obtain, gold to be earned, a victim to be collected, it is a member of this division that will be assigned to handle the job. They handle bets within and outside of the organization. As a result, they generally accrue a significant source of income.
(Sub-Classes include: Thief, Con Artist, Bandit, Gambler, Lockpick, and similar fields of experience.)
Division Leader: Fox
The elusive Kingfisher. It does not have a song, but only a shrill whistle for a call. Though adults pair briefly, they retain separate territories until the merge is necessary. They fly at one pace: fast and straight. But they can hover while watching their prey.
The Kingfisher represents the spy, the informant. The undercover agent dressed in feathers to blend in with the flock. The courier to deliver a message swiftly and deliberately. They fish skillfully for information, details, location, and are most common to lead double lives easily. The expectation of this division is perhaps the most demanding. They are the first sent into a mission and, at times, the last to leave.
(Sub-Classes include: Spy, Stalker, Informant, Mole, Courier, and similar fields of experience.)
Division Leader: "Inks" (Meri)
Shrike: The Predatory Songbird. They have a habit of destroying more than it can feed upon. The species name of the Northern Shrike, Lanius excubitor, means "Butcher watchman."
This division is devised of the deadly. Killers, Guards, and Interrogators. The assault and defense of the Guild, they are expected to have thorough training in combat, be it physical, mental, or magical. Although it is not uncommon for a Shrike to work alone, they will also provide cover to their fellow members when needed.
(Sub-Classes include: Assassin, Bounty-Hunter, Bodyguard, Warden, Executioner, and similar fields of experience.)
Division Leader: Fox
"Raven" (Blut) Inactive
In myth and story, sweets and trinkets were placed upon windowsills by the hopeful waiting for the delivery of their bundle of joy. Storks create large nests out of reach and keep watch on the area, often keeping that territory clean. Despite this, they are tolerant of human activity.
Not all consider joy to be another helpless infant to feed. All mortals have their greed, their wants, and The Stork must provide. Whether it is the vending or trade of goods, the overseeing of a contract or delivery, or the acquisition of a rare item, it is their purpose to succeed and satisfy the customer and consumer. Within the Guild, they are most likely to have interaction and contact with the outside world and should have some skill in the ways of persuasion.
(Sub-Classes include: Merchant, Distributor, Transporter, Underground Marketing, Record Keeping, and similar fields of experience.)
Division Leader: "Borat" (Hudson)
These are new members who have not yet been placed into a division.
(Allegiances to the Rogue's Guild are kept Top Secret.)
Guild Associated NPCs
Past Members of the Assassin's / Rogue's Guild
- The Butcher
Past Director & Board Members of the Assassin's Guild
- Director: Jelko.
- Blackguards: Ashen, Ayras.
OOC note: The guild overhaul is still very much under construction. Things will be added, deleted, and changed as it develops.