|This Page has been marked as a NPC Profile.|
|This page describes an NPC character that is a part of Mage's Guild . You may use it in your RP freely. If you have any questions about the character, please ask Josleen .|
- Name: Kyl'oriel "the Studied"
- Gender: Male
- Race: Elf
- Homeland: Xalious, local academic celebrity status
- Position of Note: Academic Scholar
- Relationship with the Mage's Guild: Aged
- Relationship with played characters: Josleen's father. In Xalious, it is an open secret that Kyl'oriel is Josleen's biological father. However, Kyl'oriel, an elf, insists that Josleen is his 'housekeeper's' daughter and that he adopted Josleen. Everyone knows that his housekeeper of 30+ years is actually his partner, and that Josleen is his biological daughter. Josleen looks so much like Kyl'oriel it's insane that Kyl'oriel even insists on a different story. He is content with the arrangement wherein the village pretends to believe him and gossips behind his back.
Information on Kyl'oriel
Kyl'oriel serves as a scholar and informational resource for various Guild members. Despite his seniority, he only holds the rank of Provost Esoterica due to issues with drive and the lack of practical use of his knowledge, however he has achieved a local celebrity status due to his usefulness as a resource of arcane theory. Kyl'oriel has vast academic knowledge of the illusionary arts, arcane flora and fauna (he is also an arcane naturalist) and a wealth of knowledge in a number of other esoteric arcane practices.
Part of his fame also comes from his thorough, and always entertaining, scholarly books. He has authored titles that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Physics of Flight for the Pot-bellied: Gryphons, Sphinxes and Pegasuses
- Giant Tortoise Mating: Nature's Most Aggressive Passion
- The Uncommon Uses of Quartz in Colon Health
- Flowers and Pestilence: The Whores of the Ecosystem and the Diseases which Plague Them
- Near-sighted, Far-sighted: Exercises for the Eyes for the Dumb-witted