Acceptable Policy on Image Usage in the HollowWiki
- While images can be a fun way to add a bit of flare to any page on our wiki, please be sure to partner with administration before adding images that might represent: races, classes, creatures or areas.
- There will be a hard limit of three images per page. This includes map images for area pages. Anything more will be removed by admin or wiki guides.
- Images of characters do not need admin approval, so long as they follow the Bio Rules.
- Admin reserve the right to delete any image from any page if proof of permission cannot be provided, or if it is not made obvious that they are free to use images.
While these rules can be found on the Bio Rules page, they are also provided below for ease of reference.
- If you use a picture that has not been created by you, you must obtain written permission from the author allowing you to use it. Written permission is not needed for images licensed under the public domain or under an appropriate Creative Commons license. You do, however, have to have proof that the image is in the public domain or under a Creative Commons license - URLs of the original image is the best (and sometimes only acceptable) piece of evidence. In all cases, you must give written credit to the author within your profile. The following Creative Commons licenses are permitted:
- Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0
- Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0
- Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
- To find appropriate content, search here.
- No photos. OOC photos of yourself will be considered on a case by case basis. Anime and other fictional art drawings will be considered for bio pictures on a case by case basis.
Back to Editing User Page