There are essentially 4 types of Alts on Hollow as detailed below
Types of Alts
Fast Tracked Alts
Players in good standing, who do not currently have an Alt, are generally allowed one Alt which may be approved by a single admin (of any board other than Jr. Exec) provided the proposed alt does not break any of the games rules or require approval from the RP Board. This means it must be a normal character, with basic class/race choices and regular abilities; any non-traditional traits will mean the alt will require approval through the "Board Approved Alts" system by the RP Board. The alt may still use the custom class/race feature but only to claim basic class/race subtypes. Abuse of this feature to rapidly create and delete new characters or "character hopping" may result in loss of the feature. These Alts are usually approved, but Admin reserve the right to deny any Alt request.
Board Approved Alts
Players active in RP, who do not currently have an Alt, may request an Alt of non-traditional type (special races, classes, traits) for approval by the RP Board. Approvals are not guaranteed, and will depend on the nature of the request, the history of the player, and the merit of the ideas presented. This system is slower, as it requires discussion and voting by multiple Admin.
Read all of the Basic Rules of Alting. Hmail Alternate a completed Request Form (shown below) and await an answer. Extra attention should be given to defining the exact traits, powers, and abilities of your proposed character, and how the character will benefit the game as a whole.
Third alts are very rarely awarded. They may be considered for Admin Sponsored RPs, situations where a player has two characters that are already particularly active in RP, and characters/ideas that will be of obvious benefit to the game. Player who are not fully utilizing their existing 2 alts will likely not be considered for a 3rd Alt. Third Alts must be approved by the RP Board and will generally require significant discussion by multiple Admin. Also, 3rd Alts may be sometimes awarded on a temporary basis for a specific RP; at the end of a predetermined time, the Player must choose one of their three characters to be deleted.
Read all of the Basic Rules of Alting. Hmail Alternate a completed Request Form (shown below), specifically note the request is for a 3rd Alt, and await an answer. As with other Board Approved Alts, extra attention should be given to defining the exact traits, powers, and abilities of your proposed character, and especially how the character will benefit the game as a whole.
Any Alt which is not Admin approved is an Illegal Alt. Illegally alting will result in punishments ranging from PRooming to Banning, depending on the circumstances.
Basic Rules of Alting
Violation of these rules will result in punishments which may include, PRooming, Inventory or Stat Wipes, Loss of the Alt feature, or Banning, depending on the circumstances.
- ALL Alts must be Admin approved
- You may never be logged on with more than one character at the same time
- You may not transfer items or gold between your characters
- Your characters may not be involved in the same RP Arcs
- All characters must be registered with the same email address
- The "change email" command may be used to fix this if necessary.
- If you decide to stop playing an Alt, you must have the character deleted by informing the Admin
- Approval for a character is only valid from the time it's approved until the time you stop playing them.
- Once deleted, you must reapply to play that character again.
- Before applying for an alt or fast-tracked alt, you must have held your current character for a period of at least three months.
Alt Approval Form
- Name of Current Character:
- Amount of time with current character: (approx).
- Have you ever illegally created or used an alt? YES/NO
- All Past Character names including alts:
- Name of proposed Alt:
- Race of proposed Alt:
- Class of proposed Alt:
- Reasons why you cannot use your present character instead of an Alt:
- Reasons why this character will benefit players other than yourself:
- Is this an admin sponsored Alt for a role-play? YES/NO. Which admin?
- Does the proposed Alt have any special traits, skills, powers, or abilities?
- Any Additional info:
All of these questions MUST be answered to the best of your ability. The Administrators will then take into consideration your request. During this process you may be mailed by administrators asking for additional information that must be provided.
Please note that you are not guaranteed an alt just by applying and you cannot appeal this decision; it is final. Players do not have a right to an alt, it is a privilege that can be removed if the administrators see fit.