Name: Khatja ‘Khitti’ Elysse Herzegler (née von Schreier)
Nicknames: Red, Khat, Peach, Kiwi, Queen/Mother o’ Spiders. (Peach and Kiwi are reserved for Brand only.)
Class: Red Mage/Bard/Ranger
Eyes: Dark olive-green
Hair: Wine red
Skin: Pale, with a few freckles here and there.
Weight: 155ish pounds
Brand’s wife. Brand? Who's Brand? There is only Viera.
Lithrydelian Family: Dominic Connor - Son // Lionel - Brother // Quintessa - Student/Adopted Daughter
Dhavislaavian Family: Lydia von Schreier - Twin Sister // Magda von Schreier - Mother // Max von Schreier - Father
Alignment: Chaotic. Just chaotic.
Deities: Cyris, Vakmatharas, and Delisha.
Guild Status: Devout's Guild: Leader // Mage's Guild: Auxilia Veneficus // Necromancer's Guild: Provectus Malus/Umbracryaestor (Instructor of the Black Tides) // Warrior's Guild: Flare Guardian.
Other Affiliations: Owner of the Ginger Snapped Bakery and Sweetshop, lead singer/violinist for The Sound of Sirens (Stage name: Red).
- Arrived in Hollow, fused with a being of the Shadow Plane named Amarrah. Joined House Dragana. Nearly died thanks to dark magic poisoning. Was sired.
- Argument with Larewen; resulted in being banished from House Dragana. Joined Hildegarde's cause in the War Against The Frost Giants. Almost died. Met Brand/Dominic (they saved her from dying after an ambush via the frost giants left her mortally wounded; eventually started dating Dominic. Eventually developed feelings for Brand (which wasn't hard considering Dominic/were basically the same person. Was kidnapped by a dragon. Sacrificed herself so people could escape the cave. Didn't die, but got her dark magic abilities altered (acquired the Black Tides). Dreamed of an alternate universe (ie: our IRL world) where she lived with Brand. Was rescued by Brand and several others. Lots of arguments with Brand. Amarrah becomes increasingly hostile as the year goes on.
- Returned to the dragon cave, acquires a lapis lazuli necklace. Helped (literally) burn the bridge with Larket. Shared a vision, via the lapis lazuli necklace, with Brand, wherein they were married, with a child (Dominic), and had twins on the way. Disappeared for 2 weeks after the vision. The relationship with Dominic becomes irreparably fractured. Decided she no longer wanted to be a vampire, so that she can have a family. Brand agreed to help her. Several journeys to the Shadow Plane were made (once to get info; met the Prophet Emeritus;another time to rid herself of Amarrah and get the cure from Amarrah's father Facilier;was subsequently tricked and only given a recipe). Dominic melds back into Brand's subconscious and never surfaced again. Asked Arkhen, Delisha, and Vakmathras for help (as well as Brand, Meri, Lionel, and Alvina); traded her dead family's souls for Vakmathras'part in the cure; the curse would be activated if she got pregnant). Died on Cenril's bridge during a fight with an amalgamation of Amarrah and the body of Khitti's twin sister, Lydia. Got her cure just before she died; Vakmathras brought her back 2 weeks later. Came back with amnesia, as a human. Lots of lies abound thanks to a poor choice on Brand's part, in an effort to shield Khitti from her past. Got pregnant after her second date with Brand. Eventually got her memories back. Tenbatsu Kaji found her. Facilier "removed" her dark magic. Decided to fight in Cyris' name, becomes a templar. Severed ties with the Necromancer's Guild (formerly the deputy leader).
- Brand finally proposed. Dominic 2.0 was born (as prophecized by the vision shared with Brand) and a fight with Facilier ensued immediately after, with his demise the result. Gained control of the Devout's Guild. Venturil was afflicted with several plagues; with a mindflayer as the BBEG (Big Bad Evil Guy); developed alcoholism as a result. Finally got her own holy magic abilities, as opposed to always drawing from Tenbatsu Kaji. Met Lanara; joined the Adventurer's Guild.
- Lanara was sent to another land, to be put in a mental institute; the alcoholism worsened. Meri was bitten by Alvina (though it wasn't known that it was Alvina). Hunted Alvina (still unknowingly). Received cries of help from the Shadow Plane; Emeritus was kidnapped; continued her path at the Shadow Plane's harbinger. Went to the Shadow Plane; found it corrupted by an unknown force. Met Jessamine at the Lake of Echoed Screams. Brand was unknowingly captured and replaced by Jessamine's partner, James Juniperus. Lanara returned; asked for help in winning a trial for crimes she didn't commit. Planned a bank heist with Lanara and Meri, though she didn't take part it in. Returned the Shadow Plane (to Helshade, a neutral city) to get help against Jessamine and James; met Cirice. Not!Brand was revealed to be James the entire time. Regained access to her dark magic (it had not been removed, merely blocked; only has access to the Black Tides) via alchemical runes carved into her palms; subsequently became 'She Who Walks Both Paths'. Is warned to not use both dark and light magicks at the same time or there would be serious consenquences. Was given a gladius called Embershard. Rescued Brand. Told Meri about the Shadow Plane's new problems. Asked Lanara to officiate the KhittiBrand wedding. Asked Zahrani for guidance about feeling pulled towards the darker gods (Vakmathras and Delisha); decided to pursue the idea of working for them, in addition to Cyris. Married Brand <3 (finally!!). Met with Bradyn Mahara after not speaking with him for almost two years; she asked him about when he knew that Vakmathras was trying to get his attention and Bradyn joined the Devout's Guild. Decided to listen to this newfound calling to work for the darkness (has she ever not, though?). Aided Lanara in getting a not-guilty verdict in her trial. Decided to become a royal pain in Quintessa Dragana's ass; heckled the hell out of her during her match against Gevurah at the Redskull Trophy Ring arena. Rejoined the Necromancer's Guild. Put out a bounty on Lionel. Met Quintessa finally (told her she will kill her if Quintessa ends up like Larewen). Went on a lovely excursion with the Adventurer's Guild to a cave to find half of the wolf amulet (it was in a cave with a dragon; was a bad time; had the magical version of a heart attack).
- The only thing that matters is that Khitti yeeted Tenbatsu Kaji into the sea, just outside of Cenril. Thanks, Brand, for the great idea! <3
Other Random Things
- Covered in scars on everything except her head. Some are precise cuts from being experimented on, others were acquired during an attack at House Dragana, the rest are just from numerous fights/battles.
- Bard: Artist/Writer/Singer/Violinist
- Both forearms are tattooed (see Items of Note)
- Has a bit of PTSD thanks to being confined to way too many small-ish spaces over the past couple of years and ultimately developed claustrophobia from it.
- Loves carrot cake and fairy tales.
- Keeper of knowledge regarding the Shadow Plane.
- Was rescued by a mermaid once; kinda wants to kiss her.
- Hails from Dhavislaav, the Hollow equivalent of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Items of Note
- Embershard: A darksteel gladius forged in the fires of Ashfall Peak in the Shadow Plane. Its hilt is made of obsidian created by the volcano and is encrusted with various cuts of alexandrite. It has been given to Khitti by the Prophet Cirice, to call upon for aid when her magicks fail her.
- Slice of Life: Typically shortened to Sol and meant to serve as Embershard's counterpart, albeit one in opposite magicks (ie: light). The strange-looking harpe's blade--which looks like a gladius whose blade-tip has been split somewhat and curved into a sickle--is made of an alloy of true steel and adamantite with a core of ghroundium, to give the sword some weight; the hilt, on the other hand, is made of pure, clear chrysoberyl, and much like Embershard and its alexandrite, the hilt is embedded with golden pearls, both of these used to strengthen Khitti's holy magic in battle. The hilt was crafted by Iintahquohae and the blade--as well as combining both pieces--was forged by Nikola.
- Silver Seashell Charm Bracelet: A gift from Dominic (and ultimately Brand). Regifted from Brand after her memories came back.
- Diamond Dust: A black ice recurve bow crafted by Alvina. Still strung with vampire-grade string; runed by Onyx to attune itself to the user’s strength. Only works for Khitti and Brand, now that Onyx has died.
- Enchanted Violin: Once belong to her sister Lydia. It’s several hundred years old, an antique from Dhavislaav. The body is white, while the neck and accents are black.
- Silver Lapis-Lazuli Choker: An enchanted necklace with lapis lazuli pendant that’s fracture down the middle. The fracture causes the protection spell to malfunction. Found in a dragon’s cave. Caused -a lot- of drama between Khitti, Brand, and Dominic. Can only be activated with a jolt of electricity.
- Book of Fairy Tales: One book of many, that were written in Dhavislaav, that was found first in the Mage Library of Xalious, and was reunited with Khitti in a dragon’s cave. The pages are lined with silver; the cover is made of black leather and embossed with a red rose.
- The Plane of Shadows: A book originally written by the Prophet Emeritus of the Shadow Plane and eventually translated by Khitti. There are three copies of the book: the original, the first edition of the translation, and a second edition of the translation. The second edition has been given to Bradyn Mahara to be kept under lock and key in the Black Libary. The tome holds information regarding the realm's geography and its people, as well as its fauna and flora. Any other copies that may have been produced since Khitti received the original has been burned, in an attempt to keep the knowledge limited.
- Mermaid-Star Tattoo Sleeve:On the underside of Khitti's left forearm is a scene depicting a mermaid with purple hair and an orange tail preening herself on a rock, surrounded by coral and ocean flowers. It's framed by large waves of varying blue hues and flows into the water of the nautical star just below it on her wrist. The points of the star itself are split in color, alternating between dark blue and black. Water surrounds and encompasses this star, colored in lovely blues and light shades of green, almost as if were caught up in an ocean wave.
- Fiery Nautical Star Tattoo: This tattoo mirrors the one she has on the left wrist, albeit with warmer colors and the opposite element (instead of cool colors/water). The points of this star are red and black, contrasting the water star. This star is also engulfed in flames, colored in vibrant reds and oranges, which stretch up the wrist a few inches, forming a tail. It almost looks like a fireball shooting down Khitti's wrist.
- Tungsten Fire Ruby Ring: Sleek black tungsten make up the majority of this wedding ring. Cut from a much larger stone, the fire ruby has been broken down into parts: 1 small heart-shaped stone for this ring, while the rest as been crushed into dust for the other half of the wedding set. Set directly into the 6mm tungsten band, the fire ruby is flanked on either side by two tiny round cuts of orange sunstone, to accentuate the ruby's fiery color. It's clear that this ring isn't made to be flashy, unlike other rings of this type. Tungsten was specifically chosen as it is able to withstand high temperatures of flame, ie: that of an fire-wielding mage.
- A Mother's Strength: A traditional gold Catalian claddagh ring that's serving as a mother's ring, gifted to Khitti from Lionel. The band/arms and hands of the design are made of white gold, while the heart is rose, and the crown is yellow. Set within the heart is an aquamarine, the birthstone of Khitti and Brand's firstborn son, Dominic.
- Francis: A dire-sized huntsman spider from the Shadow Plane, with the ability to weave webs, unlike the normal huntsman type. Father of many.
- Tikifhlee: A nameless, 8ft tall, charcoal grey sabertooth cat with violet eyes, from the Shadow Plane. The species is based on Brand's IRL cat named Tiki, who's a bit skittish. And as you can probably guess, Tiki must flee.
- Francine: A rather large black widow spider Khitti found at the Something Wicked shop in Vailkrin. She is Francis' wife and mother of many. Too many. Currently living in the Shadow Plane, so that Lithrydel isn't overrun by millions of spiders.
- Alyster: A white and grey Flemish giant with floppy ears that was adopted from Lanara's animal sanctuary. His name is somewhat taken from the protaganist one of Khitti's favorite fairy tale about the girl that found herself stuck in a wonderful land after chasing a rabbit, that's unusually obsessed with time, down a hole.
- Henrietta, Kevin, and Locutus: These are Dominic's well-loved chickens. Henrietta, Dominic's favorite, is a brown hen that bonded with him immediately upon sight the day the chickens were adopted. She's the leader of the bunch and will do anything to protect her siblings and Dominic. Dominic affectionately calls her 'Etta' (but that's mainly because he can't pronounce her full name). Kevin is a yellow hybrid chicken (half male/half female! it's a real thing; look it up!) that's rather prone to 'running around like a chicken with its head cut off', for the lack of a better description. There is no taming Kevin. And finally, Locutus is the black, aloof rooster of the bunch. Called 'Cutie' by Dominic, he has no interest in being alpha male of the group, instead intent on allowing Etta to take the reins as queen. He is Locutus of Bawk and resistance against his adorableness is futile.