Titans of Winter Tournament 2023
Titans of Winter
Frostmaw's annual Titans of Winter tournament returns! Try your hand in combat to see if you can claim the coveted championship title and become the next reigning Titan of Winter. This year there is an alternative goal to the tournament, to help raise gold so that Frostmaw will be able to rebuild after it suffered tremendous damage during the time that Xicotl plagued the lands. With the region left with no central governing figure, Kelay-Sage and Cenril have partnered together to sponsor and host this charity tournament.
Rules and Details
- Registration is open until December 31st, and the first brackets will be announced on January 8th.
- No entry fee required.
- The duel dates and times will be announced days prior to allow duelists and watchers to prepare. Any scheduling issues need to be sorted before the day of the duel, and no-shows will be disqualified while a possible Back-up Entrant takes their place.
- Duels will be the traditional 3 rounds and final defense, with either 15 or 20 minute rounds as agreed by duelists. (20 is default this year.)
- There WILL be environmental hazards this year.
- All duels will be posted on the Wiki, please record and send your duels to Magikrios/Meri/Valrae if they are not present for it.
- Duelists will be required to find their judges either well before or on time for the duel, so once you have agreed a date with your partner, it is advised that you begin to search for judges. NB, it is important that you and your opponent agree on judges. If you cannot agree on your judges, please inform Magikrios/Meri/Valrae ASAP. If none are available that you can agree on, it is suggested to begin the duel, record all posting times, and send it to judges afterward. Duelists may not judge other duels in the tournament until they have been defeated; at which time, they are permitted to operate as judges only in subsequent duels which do not feature the opponent whom they were defeated against.
- Duelists are allowed to add further stakes to their duels if they so desire. If no additional stakes are agreed upon, 'auto-hit round to the winner' is the only additional aspect apart from the loser's elimination from the tournament.
- Guests may organize betting pools if they so desire.
- RP from and within the audience is permitted and encouraged! It goes without saying, of course, that the audience should not interact with the duelists for the sake of fairness.
For those who perhaps feel a little nervous or a little rusty about dueling or even judging, it sometimes helps to check out the various guides available on the Wiki. For those who are interested, you can check them out below:
- Championship Prize: 250,000 gold and a +10 custom Weapon AND +7 custom Armor of their choosing.
- Second Place: 100,000 gold, and a +5 custom Weapon AND +4 Armor of their choosing.
Note: The champion is the winner of the final match and a contestant who participated in the tournament from Round 1 to the Final.
- Title Fight Prize: 250,000 gold. A chance for this year's champion to double their winnings, or for the title holder to nab some extra coin.
Note: The Title Fight is the final duel between this year's champion and the crowning title victor from the previous year (currently Shishi).
Looking for judges? Here's a list of potential candidates. You are not limited to this list.
All Round 1 duels will take place at the Cenril Arena.
|Mesdoram||VS||Alex||Jan 21st, Saturday @ 7:30PM EST||TBD||TBD|
|Mathollak||VS||Aya||Jan 15th, Sunday @ 3:00PM EST||Magikrios, Quintessa, Valrae||Mathollak|
|Beldur||VS||Kang||Jan 12th, Thursday @ 7:30PM EST||Mahri, Quintessa, Valrae||Kang|
|Lita||VS||Ina||Jan 28th, Saturday @ 6:00PM EST||TBD||TBD|
|Cresente||VS||Gorehilt||Jan 22nd, Sunday @ 2:00PM EST||TBD||TBD|
All Round 2 duels will take place at...
Championship Title Match
The Final will take place at.....