|This Page is Under Construction|
|This page is currently under construction; please excuse our dust.|
|This page is an UNOFFICIAL RACE page.
It contains important info about this race.
|Official Races||Unofficial Races|
Race Name: Kelpie Homeland: Waters between Rynvale and Cenril Average Height: 5’3 – 6’0 in humanoid and slightly smaller in horse form. Average Weight: 500 to 800 kg in horse form, 63 – 95kg in humanoid Preferred Classes: Classes this race can be: N/A Preferred Alignment: Evil Preferred Weapons: Trickery, beguilement, and weapons of stealth Aggression Level: Highly Aggressive Intelligence Level: High Magic Rating: Mid Strength Rating: Dependant on form – normal in humoid form, stronger in horse manifestation Weak Against: Fire, heat, dehydration, possibly ice Strong Against: Water Related Races: Selkie Allied Races: N/A Enemy Races: Humans
Quick Kelpie Facts
- The humanoid form of the Kelpie is widely debated; some argue that kelpies take on the form of a bestial, hairy humanoid whilst others argue that kelpies are sleek and slender, with cruel faces. They are able to assume this form with relative ease, not dissimilar to that of a lycanthrope.
- Kelpies are said to have the strength of at least 10 horses and the endurance of many more.
- Due to their insatiable appetite for human death, kelpies have been otherwise known as the ‘Spirits of the Dead.’
- The Kelpie’s power of shape shifting resides in its watery bridle, and anyone who can claim possession of it can force the Kelpie to submit to his or her will.
- Kelpies are not territorial but, due to the solitary and aggressive nature of the beast, most prefer to live and hunt alone and often avoid company.
- Kelpie’s are associated with thunder and storms, with many believing that they can predict turns in the weather and others stating that the sound of a kelpie’s tail hitting the water makes a sound akin to thunder.
Return to glossary.