Difference between revisions of "News:Cenril"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 07:03, 11 May 2012
- May 11
- Bodies were found at the bottom of the Eastern Bridge Ravine, among those dead were the Merchant Guickmoor, and bodyguard Vesimiir. Worried talk among Caravaners ripple through all of Cenril at this outrage. Not a single valuable was left behind in the wake of the Raiders responsible.
- April 2
- A Large, Red Dragon and a smaller, black Draconian were spotted flying South of the Cenril-Kelay bridge. They appeared to be heading Upwards for a little bit, before disappearing into the clouds under Armantium. Why anyone would want to go to the ruined city is beyond any idea of a common person, however, rumors of fabled treasure hidden in Armantium are slowly making their way around Cenril.
- February 25
- A draconian monk was called to a mysterious set of rubble at the depths of a chasm in Cenril. A dark presence has left the abandoned ruins...
- January 18
- Two paladins sent by the "Church of Cenril" fended off a small band of necromaners and mercenaries off of the coast of the city in the rubble of the castle that use to be there. Reports indicate that this is just an action in what is being called a rebuilding of Cenril through enforcement of law.
- January 05
- A bronze dragon has been witnessed by many, exploding out of the waters of Cenril and shooting lightning in all directions from his mouth. It is yet unknown if he is truly a hazard or not, but citizens are advised to be wary of this creature.
- November 08
- October 20
- Citizens were awakened by a shrill scream in a section of Cenril not too far from the cathedral. Locals who were quick to their windows say the source of the scream was a priest whose hands were shackled in crimson light. Some with a decent vantage point say they saw a figure wreathed in shadow knocking the priest out and dragging him away. A large scorched area could be found on the cobblestones where the priest had stood when curious residents investigated the following morning.
- October 9
- The stench of rotting flesh in the northern parts of Cenril has been very evident over the last two or so weeks, though the smell was shrugged off as unimportant for many were used to it. Though finally someone took it upon themselves to at least dispose of the stench but what they found truly surprised them. Deep in the woods was a effigy of sorts, made of rotting and decaying bodies, most with deep lacerations and missing limbs, some bodies had their entire ribcage ripped out. The effigy was fashion in a five-pointed star, in the middle of the star contained one body, strung up and missing all organs, head, and legs. On the corpses chest there seemed to be a swirling design to the cuts, as if something had wrapped itself around the chest with great pressure, it is still a mystery as to what has caused this, bindings had been a good guess but a acrid black substance that was mysterious to everyone seemed to be covering the corpses and was especially evident in the wounds. The scene was a gruesome one and was quickly disposed of by someone or another, for the smell was just getting stronger over the days, the monster that had caused this is still unknown, and it is unknown as to whether it will return on not. These wounds are similar to those that were experienced some two years ago around this time, and most believe the beast to be a demon of sorts, and all who was around then, they surely hope it hasn't returned.
- September 26
- Rumors of a ghost haunting central Cenril surround the mysterious appearance of a floating, unconscious woman traveling down the street at an unhurried pace. Descriptions of said woman/ghost include: Copper colored hair, dark leather clothing and a rather chubby chinchilla trailing after.
- September 24
- Reports of a coven of vampires being present in the Cathedral of the Divine Three as well as extensive damage being done to various pillars and pew's has drawn some concern from various citizens. Of the vampire's group, all were attributed to being seen more commonly in Frostmaw.
- September 14
- The corpse of a cathedral acolyte, its carcass prepared like that of a butchered pig, is found on the steps of the Cenril cathedral. Exsanguinated with no sign of fang marks, eviscerated, and cut into eleven pieces, its head is found with a note shoved in its mouth: "Make Witness: The sins of the city have come for its clergy"
- September 9
- A notice is placed around the city: By decree of his holiness, the Archbishop of Cenril, William Compton IV : The illegal, and sinful, actions of the invading pirates, as well as the ever growing corruption that is sweeping the lands, has forced the church's hands. On this day, in absence of any real form of governmental rule, the church declares itself the soverign ruling body of the port city.
- Septemper 8
- September 7
- There has been an acid rainstorm over Cenril's Open Market. Rumors are that this was caused by a wraith dragon. Do not come in contact with any wet acid! If you see this dragon, be wary, for she can spew more acid forth from her mouth. Several plants have been killed by this acid, and the streets have marks from it. The acid is highly dangerous. Stay safe!
- August 17
- July 27
- Troubles continue in southern Cenril as a warehouse is torched by Saboteurs. Street rumours point the finger at Craven's Crew.
- July 21
- A powerful summoning of dark magics is witnessed in the eastern part of Arril Street, followed by a building being partially demolished and set alight.
- July 13
- People have been disappearing without a trace in southern Cenril over the past few days. Stories had spread far enough that many Cenrilli residents were now avoiding the southern streets. Some claimed that it was demons, some slavers, others had gone so far as to speculate that a group of evil magicians were teleporting around and sacrificing people for some dark ritual. All anyone knew for certain was that something evil had taken root in Cenril within the last few days, and that no one who saw whatever the thing was escaped to tell of it.
- July 9
- Visitors to Cenril were endangered this day when what may have been an assassination attempt by a female Orc occurs on the Cenril-Kelay Bridge. Witnesses report the attack occurred without warning or challenge. Baldwin, a witness and regular in the Whalers Inn, later commented over a cheap ale "Someone must have paid good gold to have that thing unleashed on their target."
- July 6
- The rumour-mills churn as word start to ripple through the streets of Cenril of some kind of shadowy feud developing. A handful of people reported several assassins fighting in the shadows of a park near the Cenril Library the previous night. Those who investigated would find dried blood, and perhaps a snapped-off crossbow bolt in the upper branch of one of the trees in that park.
- June 27
- A stream of curses in an unknown language is heard from a rooftop near the Cenril Inn, followed by a high-pitched death-scream. Local witnesses report a cloaked figure with white hair lying on the rooftop before being collected by two other cloaked men - presumably accomplices to a failed assassination attempt. No other details are forthcoming.
- June 21
- Reports confirm eight men slaughtered in the Funeral Parlour in Cenril. The funeral director confirms the conflict was between rival gangs 'Craven's Crew' and 'Sawtooth's Solution'. Craven's crew had lost eight of their own men the night before, and had been making funeral arrangements when Sawtooth's men attacked them in the parlour. The funeral director further claims that Craven's Crew was aided by an assassin named 'Nemo'.
- January 31
- The temporary base camp and recruitment station of the knight Thurn, was attacked and burnt to the ground at dawn this morning. The assault occurred on the outskirts of Cenril, and appears to have been the work of some of that city's criminal element.
- January 22
- The war on the streets of Cenril reached new heights today. The docks at the harbor were the scene of what appeared to have been a meeting of ciminal power players gone horribly wrong. Several bodies were discovered littered in an abandoned warehouse, one of which has been identified as the former merchant, Geoff Burnham, currently rumored to be one of the leaders of the criminal element in the city. His death upsets the balance of power in the region, and it is expected that violence will increase in the power vacum generated by his murder.As always, caution is advised as you move through the city.
- January 11
- An explosion of violence in the streets of Northern Cenril disturbed what little peace the war torn city enjoys. Tensions between rival bands of thugs, herebefore running under the suface, seem to have been redirected to open conflict. The city is considered extremly dangerous and citizens of the lands are advised to avoid travelling through and stays there unless absolutely neccessary.
- December 29
- Tensions in Cenril are on the rise. Raids of assets of rival slum lords have resulted in increases in altercations between the groups allied to rival factions.Today,a major disturbance at the Harbor was noted. One of the warehouses was destroyed in an explosion, suspected to be the work of rivals of the Carrion Crow.
- In recent weeks
- September 19
- Pirates have attacked Cenril, decimating what is left of city leadership and taking control of the southern part of the city including the ferry docks.Citizens and and what resistance remains have retreated to the areas of the city north of the Town Square. Travellers to and through the city are advised to exercise extreme caution, as the territory is without law and order.
- September 18
- The watch of Cenril reports the murder of one of its officers in the coves of North Eastern Cenril. Signs of illegal activity on the beach were present. It is unclear at this time how many parties were involved, or how they made their getaway. Caution by travellers in the area is advised.
- July 20
- During the night, an unexpected accident befell Cenril's Captain James McCorely and his crew of twenty men as well as the fourteen people they were shipping to Rynvale. Witnesses say the captain had been drinking all day, but the fire that sunk the ship has yet to be explained. Currently, Cenril's beach is closed for investigation and clean up.
- June 18
- Earlier today several large booms of thunder were heard over by the bridge connecting Cenril to Kelay. A swell of mana was noted in all of the more magically prone, and soon after an absolutely thunderous explosion could be heard all the way to the mines of Xalious as several crates of explosive were detonated, it is presumed, by Triyul, and several Preklek guard after a failed assasination attempt on a famed Senator of the Republic. The explosion, while having not destroyed the bridge, has made traffic nearly impossible - especially those trading goods between the small village and the city-state via horse-drawn carriage.
- June 13
- June 12
- The anticipated assault on the city of Cenril has taken place. A portal was opened, and an estimated 8000 Preklek soldiers invaded the city proper. The allied forces of The Fold, The Order of The Violet Rose, The Eyrie and Lithrydel’s guard, along with Cenrilian militia fought valiantly, sustaining heavy losses on their way to eventual victory.
- June 8
- The build up of Cenril defenses continues as Fold officers enter the city and attempt to recruit the citizenry for an armed militia. A recruitment tent for soldiers and healers has been set up. Donations are being petitioned from the armory, and the evacuation of non-combat citizens has begun.
- Units of fighting forces from various allied factions have reported for training and assignment in the heart of the city. Traps have been laid and defenses prepared for an assault that is expected any day now.
- June 04
- Mar 22
- Governor Demont Roussai was seen along Congressional Way today for the first time in many months. Apparently, the Governor was not pleased with those in the Capitol Building; two notable political figures were brutally murdered upon his arrival. After a brief statement by Senator Rigsby Zade, the two disappeared into the Governor's office for several hours.
- Mar 19
- An unexplained and unforeseen attack upon Senator Rigsby Zade took place in the town square today, initiated by a darkly cloaked figure. The fight was brief but fierce, witnesses say, and ended when the supposed assassin claimed the Senator's left eye before disappearing into the crowd. The identity of the mysterious attacker is unknown and unreleased currently.
- Mar 9
- Another body was found today, lying face down in a pool of his own blood. The victim, a promising young mage under the instruction of the magister templi, Knelltic, named Tyress, will be buried Thursday evening. Knelltic will be attending the funeral, as will many close friends and family. More information will be released upon further investigation...
- Jan 17
- A Cenril guard has been reported missing, last seen on his patrol of the bridge. Witnesses report hearing sounds similar to snarling animals and a troll coming from below the bridge. Investigations are underway.
- Jan 10
- The Arena was repaired and the forces of chaos retreated from the city.