These are Hollow's general policies. Every time you login to Hollow, you agree to these terms and conditions. Please pay attention to these and keep them in mind while playing.
The World Called Hollow General Policies and Procedures This policy covers all The World Called Hollow (HOLLOW) content: in-game chat, message boards, character descriptions, and any other form of written expression on Hollow.
- 1 General Policies
- 2 If you break these rules...
- 3 Information About Hollow and Legal Authorities
- 4 Other policies
- 5 Terms of Services
- 6 Filing a grievance, suspension/banning questions, and feedback
- 7 Monitoring Responsibilities
- 8 Credits
- 9 Character Deletion
All members of the Hollow community must respect the rights of others. Administrators hope that all members will do so voluntarily. However, if these guidelines are not followed, action will be taken to protect the rights of others.
Guidelines are enforced exclusively by the Hollow administrators and staff.
Each member is liable for ALL activities conducted through their account; parents or guardians are liable for activities of their respective minors.
The World Called Hollow does not tolerate:
- Selling or trading characters for real life or Hollow currency.
- Harassment of another member, including threats, unwanted contacts via chat or message boards.
- Participation in abusive, defamatory, threatening, or offensive language or behavior.
- Participation in bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements.
- Participation in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts. Sending numerous amounts of unwanted or disruptive messages, insulting to incite criticism, and causing trouble to incite disruption are among these acts.
- Participation or discussion of illegal activities.
- This includes the theft of digital media without explicit permission from the original creator his/her self.
- Impersonation of others, including, but not limited to, officials of The World Called Hollow, other Hollow Members, and relatives of The World Called Hollow staff, whether in the game or elsewhere (AOL IM, Yahoo! Messenger, IRC, etc.)
- Posting or transmission of sexually explicit images, unauthorized advertisements, or chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Offering or solicitation of unauthorized copyrighted material.
- Offering or solicitation of material which might be deemed illegal, indecent, or obscene.
- Communication which disparages any religion, race, nation, gender, age group, or sexual orientation.
- Defrauding a staff member or Hollow Member. Examples of this activity include but are not limited to guarding a mobile (monster) for another player but fighting the mobile instead.
- Solicitation of other Hollow Members' passwords and/or personal information.
- Posting or transmission of any virus, trojan, or worm file.
- Inappropriate and/or obscene Character/Pet Names.
- Attempting to reverse-engineer, or otherwise take advantage of Hollow in any form.
If you break these rules...
For all offenses the following action may be taken:
- An email or in game verbal warning may be issued to the member at the discretion of the Hollow staff member on duty.
- Editing, deletion or closing of the post, thread or message.
- The closing of the member's account.
- Suspension (results in a 1- to 365-day suspension and email notification to the member).
- Banning (results in a permanent banning of the members account and an email notification. User will no longer be able to access their account or any part of The World Called Hollow with that account.)
- Permanent banning of the member from all accounts and future accounts. At the discretion of the Hollow staff member, a Hollow member may be permanently removed from the use of the game, including any and all future accounts held by that member. In the event that this decision is made The World Called Hollow staff will contact the member.
Information About Hollow and Legal Authorities
The following can result in the notification of proper legal authorities by a representative of The World Called Hollow:
- Threat of physical harm.
- Offering or solicitation of material that might be deemed illegal, indecent, or obscene. This includes but is not limited to, child pornography, illegal drugs and pirated software.
- Harassment of a staff member, employee or contractor.
- Hollow administrators may ban IP addresses to protect the integrity of the servers and the game. If you believe a ban has been placed on your IP address in error, contact us using the methods in the section below.
- Some games may have special policies that apply only to that game. Examples: Gambling at the casino may have special rules which may be posted.
Terms of Services
- By registering or logging into HollowGame.com, you agree to the Terms of Service.
Filing a grievance, suspension/banning questions, and feedback
- The Abuse department is responsible for investigating, processing, and reviewing legitimate complaints of harassment on The World Called Hollow. When a member wants to file a complaint about another members' activity, please send an e-mail to the main administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the offending member's name, the date and time the offense occurred, any text you can copy to support your claim, and a detailed description of the incident.
- Suspension or banning questions regarding Hollow should be directed to the main administrator at email@example.com
- Customer feedback is very important to us in maintaining the highest level of Customer Service possible. We would appreciate feedback on the level of service provided to our members. Please share your concerns by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The World Called Hollow's administrators are responsible for a wide variety of monitoring duties on The World Called Hollow's website. These include:
- Chat is inherently difficult to monitor since it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and does not leave a permanent record. Thus, The World Called Hollow ultimately depends on member complaints to identify community standard violations.
- The World Called Hollow staff members sample chat during slow periods of their normal workday. There is currently no general policy requiring a staff member to monitor the chat, however this should be done on a regular basis, time permitting.
Bulletin Boards threads
- Bulletin Boards leave a 'permanent' record of the communication and are thus easier to monitor compared to chat.
- Staff members are responsible for reviewing each Bulletin Board on a daily basis.
H-Mail leave permanent records, but are only viewable by the recipient. Therefore, The World Called Hollow relies on members to report violations made using these features.
-These communications leave permanent records and are viewable by all The World Called Hollow Members.
- "Credits" are in-game currency that can be used for the purchase of premium services. Once a player purchases credits, the credits are not transferrable to US Dollars or any other real-world currency unless a refund is issued under the purchase guidelines. - Any loss of credits due to periods of inactivity are unrecoverable.
- Characters are deleted after 90 days of inactivity (no logins). Once a character is deleted, the account is not recoverable - including, but not limited to, credits, in-game currency, items, statistics, and in-game e-mails (Hmails).