Arc:Time Heals All Wounds
This is a Healer's Guild RP.
This is a personal arc for Penelope, but everyone is ALWAYS welcome to join!
Arc Leader: Penelope
- 1 Chapter I: Scars have the Strange Power to Remind Us that Our Past is Real
- 2 Chapter II: A Healer is Someone Who Seeks to be the Light that They Wished They had in Their Darkest Moments
- 3 Chapter III: Compassion is the Wish to See Others Free from Suffering
- 4 Chapter IV: Death is Not the Opposite of Life, but Apart of It
- 5 Chapter V: And Here You Are Living Despite It All
- 6 NPCs
Chapter I: Scars have the Strange Power to Remind Us that Our Past is Real
A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means you survived.
Summary: After Pakellin Halifax’s death, Penelope’s life fell silent over the years that have passed by. The simple girl knew after she had broken free of her twin’s grasp that she would be able to have bigger and better opportunities. Penelope Halifax has taken it upon herself to join the Healer’s Guild and spread grace throughout Lithrydel. Partnered with Finn Fennigan, Penelope learns non-magical techniques in healing. The first round of joining the guild led to doubts of her ability to be a true healer during the Saurian War, but she continued to strive forward and settled in with the elderly man Yerrel and Ruari Erickson to learn the craft of healing. Her main focus on herbalism. With determination, the girl joined the guild yet again with Emilia’s elderly healer’s approval, Edith. Although Penelope claims to live in simplicity, there is so much chaotic events that spiral: the plague, the loss of Linken’s memory, Lionel’s battle with Kahran. With events that transpire, she is determined to place her focus significantly on her craft and grow to be the best that she can be and be free from the suffering she has been through—a master healer.
- The Art of the Stitch
- Sauriangate II: Jurassic Monarch
- Human Touch
- New Breath of Fresh Air
- From Sick Bed to Death Bed
- To Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death
- Do Not Follow Me into the Sun
- Map Panic
- Book and Bell
- The Quest to Find the Cerulean Flowers
- Dredging Up The Past
- There's No Such Thing as Circumstance
- From Somnus to the River Styx
- Leave the Pieces When You Go
- Wading Through Styx and Into Tartarus
- The Revenging Prince
- What Was Left Behind (And What Was Carried Forward)
Chapter II: A Healer is Someone Who Seeks to be the Light that They Wished They had in Their Darkest Moments
Healing isn’t about changing who you are, it’s about changing how you feel about who you are.
Summary: After surviving the plague and helping save Lionel from death, the woman is determined to strive forward for more. On the battlefield against Kahran, she discovers the magic of fire that rests within her veins from her Ardelian roots. She desires to discover and research her source of magic and how to tap into the source for good. Not only does she begin researching healing strategies, but she begins to learn more about her mind and heart, and also who she is as a person. In the meantime, her past comes back to visit—members from the village of Ardelia, a far long place from Lithrydel. A little Ardelian boy, Leon Lovik, is extremely ill with magical runes covering his body. Magic cannot save this boy, only non-magical skills. The Ardelians are desperate and know of Penelope’s line of work and are in search for a cure from both of the Halifax twins--little do they know Pakellin Halifax is dead. Will Penelope be able to save the little boy? Will Penelope let her brother rest or find a way to bring Pakellin back? Will Linken’s memory return? To be continued.
- I Won't Let It Become You
- Guess What's Coming for Cookie?
- Explain Like I'm Five: Relationships Edition
- The First Of Many
- Wilson Is For Arrows, Not Knuckles
- A Therapeutic Stop in Sage
- A Time of Training
- Warning Signs
- Part II: Playing Dead with the Hash Slinging Strangler
- Courting You Gingerly
- It Listens and It Smells Fear
- High Hopes and Gratitude
- Regrets and Destruction
- Unlocking the Mystery of Awkward Healers
- Reserved for Kazeem
- Tear Me to Pieces, Skin to Bone
- The Truth Is Stranger Than My Own Worst Dreams
Chapter III: Compassion is the Wish to See Others Free from Suffering
Some people see scars, and it is wounding they remember. To her they are proof of the fact that there is healing.
Summary: Linken is left behind due to the dangers he has caused the woman, and the horrors of the past. The healer is still trying to figure out where her heart is, and she faces challenges with her own emotional barriers. Members from Penelope’s village in Ardelia come to see Penelope Halifax in search for a cure for little Leon Lovik. Penelope is determined to save the boy from incredible illness. The herbalist is empathetic towards death knocking on the young boy’s door since she had been there once before. The girl researches the boy’s illness and ventures throughout the land to gather ingredients to be the saving grace for the young one. Penelope makes the final decision for her brother. Will she be able to find the ingredients she is searching for? Will the little boy live to tell the tale of his almost last breath?
- Don't You Put Any More Stress On Yourself, It's One Day At A Time
- Blackbird Take These Heavy Wings and Fly
- Colorful Apologies
- Honey, Make Him Healthy
- Smile Like Society Taught You To
- Open Your Eyes
Chapter IV: Death is Not the Opposite of Life, but Apart of It
No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.
Chapter V: And Here You Are Living Despite It All
Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life.
- Ruari Erickson: Penelope's best friend since her days as a baker. He is also in charge of watching Halifax Roots when Penelope does her other errands.
- Yerrel: The keeper of the healing hut in Kelay. The elder took Penelope under his wing to help her grow to be an herbalist.
- Pakellin Halifax: Penelope's twin brother. He was killed long ago by Linken and inherits the other half of Penelope's magical properties.
- Leon Lovik: A little boy from Ardelia. He is sick and magic will not cure his illness.
- Sofia Ulberg: The chief's translator from Ardelia. Translates for Leon who is still learning common tongue.