Titans of Winter- Frostmaw Tournament
All tournament slots are completely full, including Alternate. No longer accepting entrants.
- 1 Titans of Winter
- 2 Directions to the Colosseum
- 3 Rules and Details
- 4 Prizes
- 5 Additional Notes
- 6 Participants
- 7 1st Round
- 8 2nd Round
- 9 Semi-Finals
- 10 Championship
Titans of Winter
Frostmaw, in celebration of its continued growth and success as well as its newly built colosseum, is hosting a tournament for all able-bodied fighters. Fighting styles have been divided into four groups, with four entrants in each, resulting in a contest for supremacy of that particular field before they'll face off with the winners of the other groups. The champion of the tournament will be named the Titan of Winter.
Directions to the Colosseum
From Frostmaw Tavern: One west, one south, one west, one north, west all the way, north three, one west.
From Kelay tavern: South one, west all the way, south one, west one, north to Yeti mob, west one, Climb Cliff, Climb Cliff (again), Push Boulder, north all the way, west one, north one, west one, north one, west all the way, north three, west one.
Rules and Details
- Entrants will be split into one of four Categories: Spell Weaver, Weapon Master, Physical Fighter, or Mixed Arts.
- Four entrants per category, with two back-up entrants to replace dropouts, will compete to become the winner of their category.
- Once a winner of each category is declared, they will be paired off to face each other. The winners of those two fights will then duel to determine the Grand Champion of the tournament.
- Duelists are permitted to deviate slightly from their chosen category (e.g. a mage using a staff, a weapons master using an enchanted item, etc.), but fighting completely out of your category will get your automatically disqualified.
- The Semi-Finals and Championship match will be declared a Free For All, any arts will be permitted for the sake of unrestricted combat.
- No entry fee required.
- Duels will take place on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sunday Evenings, along with possible other days in between depending upon Satoshi's available schedule. The duels will be announced days prior to allow duelists and watchers to prepare. Any scheduling issues need to be sorted before the day of the duel, and no-shows will be DQ'd while a Back-up Entrant takes their place.
- All duels will take place in Frostmaw's colosseum. Possible environmental changes may be present but are not guaranteed. Likewise, no wards will be in place to protect the audience. In the spirit of Frostmaw, watch at your own risk.
- Duels will be 3 rounds, with either 10 or 15 minute rounds as agreed by duelists.
- Duels will be posted on the wiki, please record and send your duels to Satoshi if she is not present for it.
- Duelists will be required to find their judges at the time of the duel. If none are available that you can agree on, it is suggested to begin the duel, record all posting times, and send it to judges afterward. Satoshi plans to be available during each duel and willing to judge. For additional tested and trusted judges, see Rheven's Judge List.
- Duelists are allowed to add further stakes to their duels if they so desire. If no additional stakes are agreed upon, 'auto-hit round to the winner is the default stakes.
- Guests may organize betting pools if they so desire.
- Tournament will be single elimination.
- Second Place of Category: 10,000 gold.
- First Place of Category: 10,000 gold and a +0 custom weapon.
- Finalist: 10,000 gold and +0 custom armor piece.
- Champion: 25,000 gold and +5 custom weapon or armor piece.
- An additional prize may be offered to the champion, depending upon the situation. Details will not be released until the moment of offer.
- The tournament is still in effect despite Satoshi's hiatus from IC interactions. Svilfon and Kuzial have offered to oversee the remaining duels, as well as Satoshi will log in to distribute prizes or handle anything that is required.
- As well, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for participating to the very end. And a huge thank you for the gift you all gave me. It meant a great deal to me, and reminded me what I still love about this game. Thank you, again. -Satoshi 19:06, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
Spell Weaver Category
All Magic-users from Arcane, Divine, and Nature schools permitted.
- Quinmyutiotu - Category Winner (Knocked out in Semi-Finals)
Akenyil(Knocked out in Round 2) Reum(Knocked out in Round 1) Voranus(Knocked out in Round 1)
Weapons Master Category
Melee or Ranged fighters that specialize in weapons. Enchanting weapons during the duel is not permitted, but pre-enchanted is allowed.
- Eboric - Category Winner (Championship winner)
Kuzial(Knocked out in Round 2) Ignatius(Knocked out in Round 1) Javelin(Knocked out in Round 1)
Physical Fighter Category
Fighters that specialize in using their bodies, including hand-to-hand classes and races such as lycans or dragons. Small weapons are permitted, such as brass knuckles, gauntlets, or small clawed gloves.
- Gorzhageigk- Category Winner (Knocked out in Semi-Finals)
Dasha(Knocked out in Round 2) Dyzz(Knocked out in Round 1) Ryker(Knocked out in Round 1)
Mixed Arts Category
The Anything Goes category, weapons, hands, magic, and everything in-between is permitted. These participants specialize in hybrid styles.
- Kasyr - Category Winner (Knocked out in Championship Round)
Iverfin(Knocked out in Round 2) Ellamin(Knocked out in Round 1) Mihael(Knocked out in Round 1)
Click the VS to see the duel
Click the VS to see the duel
Spell Weaver Winner vs Mixed Arts Winner
Physical Fighter Winner vs Weapons Master Winner
Click the VS to see the duel